In 2015, the Bank’s investor relation activities focused on the following areas:
- strengthening a positive image of PKO Bank Polski SA as a reliable and transparent company among the existing and potential investors, financial market analysts and rating agencies, through the use of various market communication tools,
- fulfilling the information duties of the Company as an issuer of securities, as required by the law,
- organizing the General Shareholders’ Meeting and providing information to the Bank’s shareholders,
- ensuring the Bank’s cooperation with appropriate governmental bodies, organizations and capital market institutions in connection with the Bank’s presence on the public securities market.
As part of market communication in 2015:
- after each quarter end, the Bank’s and the Group’s financial performance was presented by the Bank’s Management Board in a meeting with capital market and debt securities analysts, organized on the Bank’s premises, and during teleconferences in which ca. 70 analysts and representatives of investors participated each time,
- members of the Management Board of the Bank and the key management regularly participated in meetings (and teleconferences) with investors and analysts, both on the Bank’s premises and in investor conferences. In 2015, there were ca. 60 meetings on the Bank’s premises, ca. 150 meetings during 13 investor conferences and one roadshow project and over 130 teleconferences,
- chat of President of the Management Board with individual investors took place in April 2015 and in May 2015 representatives of the Bank participated in the conference „Wall Street 19” organized by the Association of Individual Investors (Stowarzyszenie Inwestorów Indywidualnych) in Karpacz, in November 2015 representatives of the Bank participated in the conference „Profesjonalny Inwestor” organized by the SII in Zakopane,
- the Investor Relations Office maintained on-going contacts with analysts and investors, both corporate and individual, by answering many questions asked by telephone or e-mail and relating to business operations and financial performance of PKO Bank Polski SA,
- the Bank immediately published all information relevant to investors and the Bank’s shareholders on the website of the Investor Relations Office: http://www.pkobp.pl/grupa-pko-banku-polskiego/relacje-inwestorskie/,
- in March 2015, the Bank launched its annual on-line report once again, this time for 2014, in the form of a dedicated online service in two language versions: Polish and English (www.raportroczny2014.pkobp.pl). The annual report published as a separate service is a tool for achieving the Bank’s objectives in the area of information and image. First and foremost, it makes it easier to find and use the key financial and business information of the PKO Bank Polski SA Group; in 2015 the service was further modified - its structure changed into more transparent and intuitive for internet users, additional user-friendly functionalities, including i.e. Facilities for the visually impaired and a glossary of basic financial concepts,
- In 2015 Bank acted in accordance with adopted in December 2014 Information Policy Rules of PKO Bank Polski SA in contacts with investors and clients that relate to conducting the communication by the Bank with investors, clients and professional clients, in particular, they determine the scope and the way of conducting the communication, including communication channels and the competencies in information activities.
These activities were aimed at providing comprehensive information on the Bank’s financial performance and activities, including the changes in market environment, to enable a reliable assessment of the Bank’s current position and outlook and the correct valuation of the company’s shares.
PKO Bank Polski SA makes every effort to ensure that periodic reports maintained the highest standards in respect of professionalism and fair information, so that they present the Bank’s results in a complete and transparent manner and are as useful as possible to institutional investors, analysts and individual shareholders.
In 2015 the eighth edition of the "Issuer’s Golden Webpage" competition was organized by the Association of Stock Exchange Issuers, in which the study on the entire population of 900 issuers with respect to 23 criteria was conducted. It allowed to draw important conclusions regarding the content of web pages, their quality and two-way communication with market participants. PKO Bank Polski SA, as the only bank, and as one of the four large companies, qualified for the final, third stage of the competition. Bank’s investor relations website received the highest rating in terms of clarity of message and information content. It achieved the score of 9,75, which is close to maximum level.
In 2015, for the third time in a row, PKO Bank Polski SA received a special award and the title of ‘The Best of The Best’ in the competition for the best annual report, published by Instytut Rachunkowości i Podatków (Accounting and Tax Institute). The award is proof of the highest quality of the Bank’s annual reports. The Chapter of the competition appreciated its value in use for WSE investors, application of IFRS/IAS standards and publication of an online version. The highest quality in all assessed areas was emphasized. The recognition gained completeness, consistency and a clear and logical presentation of data. Due to the audience (mainly current and future investors) and published content it is an important part of a corporate communication and influences the perception of the company.
In the prestigious competition "The Best Annual Report" PKO Bank Polski SA won awards on a regular basis. I.e. report for 2010 was granted the major award, for the year 2011 - I Main Prize in the category of Banks and Financial Institutions for collecting the highest number of points in three categories in total. Beginning with the report for 2012, the Annual Report of the Bank have been receiving a special award "The Best of the Best" - for the best bank, which occupied the first place in the competition "The Best Annual Report" three times in recent years.